Good morning fam, how’s weekend going??
About aloe vera, I got introduced (I knew it existed,but I never knew it amazing benefits, it was more like a decorative plant) to this plant by by my sweet friend Anthonia, by then in secondary school, I think js2, I had heat rashes, use all kinds of medicated powder but it proves it Ondo stubbornness for me, she (Anthonia ) told me to try aloe vera gel, and ta-da, within the next 3days it dried off.
Aloe vera is a cactus plant that belong to the Liliaceae family. It grows in dry climate. Various studies (including my own) have been conducted to examine the benefits of aloe plant and we found out that aloe vera does have several properties that are effective in treating a variety of skin conditions, from flaky or dry skin to scalp problem e.t.c.
- It treats sunburn.
- It’s also said to be useful in treating wounds (according to sweet Anthonia, its valid tho).
- All dem boiz get in here- After shave treatment, as its healing properties can treat small cuts caused by shaving.
- Its treate acne : Aloe vera gel contains two hormones- Auxin and Gibberallins. These two hormones provide healing and anti-flammatory properties that reduces skin inflammation. Gibberallin in aloe acts as a growth hormone stimulating the growth of new cell, it allows the skin to heal quickly and naturally with minimal scaring. Tip: Apply aloe gel on affected spot twice daily, or bedtime, you could leave on till the next day or wash off after 10mins.
- It fight aging : Aloe gel contains a plethora of antioxidants including beta-carotene, Vitamin C and E that can help improve the skin’s natural firmness.
P.S : If you love DIYS like me, head on to youtube, search for ‘KHICHI BEAUTY ‘, she has amazing recipes for anti-aging with aloe (I don’t know why it’s hard to embed her link here).
- It helps in reducing the visibility of stretch marks: Tips: Aloe gel (enough for the rest of the mixture) + Coconut oil (1tbsp, make sure its in solid state, you could freeze) + lemon juice (1tbsp) + castor oil (2tbsp)= Mixture.
- It promotes hair growth: Aloe gel + Castor oil = Good hair.
- You could also use it to make your Hand sanitizer: Aloe gel (1tbsp) + Coconut oil (acts as moisturizer, 1tbsp) + 5 drops of essential oil + Alcohol (3tbsp) = Homemade hand sanitizer
I hope you finds it helpful, let me know what you think.