Recently have been having series of thought of blogging and everything…..and during my research game, the words- COCONUTS dropped in, and I thought it’s an interesting topic to talk about since they are incorporated in my skin care routine.
Coconut is a fruit which belongs to the cocos nucifera palm. It has numerous health benefits ranging from the fiber content to the anti-aging properties e.t.c but we would be focusing on the beauty benefits of coconuts I.e the various form (coconut milk, coconut oil, coconut water).
- Fights dryness: It is used as a skin moisturizer as it hydrates the skin by replenishing the natural oil.
- It prevents skin cancer: Yes…it does, it prevents skin cancer by blocking 35% of harsh ultra violet rays.
- It improves the moisture and lipid content in th skin.
- Remove eye make-up.
- Prevents scalp infection
- Its used as a facial cleanser: I personally use this….especially during the harmattan season.
- As a deep conditioner: If you are a natural hair babe like me, you would know coconut oil is one of the essentials in your hair care regimen, as it penetrate hair better than other oils.
- To shave your legs.
- Body scrub: Mix some coconut oil with a cup of brown sugar, add at least 5drops of essential oil and mix well. Your scrub is ready to use.
- Nourishes the hair: Applying coconut milk on your scalp gives a cooling sensation and fills up your hair with protein. Apply fresh homemade (not necessarily homemade, you can buy) coconut milk and massage for 5mins, leave it on for 20mins, then shampoo your hair as usual. It will boost the hair follicle and stimulate hair growth. Its beneficial for restoring dry, damaged, weakened hair as well as split end. You can learn how to make coconut milk at home here
- Hair Detangler
- Super yummy hair conditioner
- Treats sunburn: The fats and oil in this milk helps reduce redness and restore moisture to sunburnt skin.
- Anti-aging benefit: Consumption or application of coconuts milk improves skin elasticity due to the copper and vitamin C content.
- Make up remover: I saw this somewhere online and I tried it, it worked. Mix coconut oil and milk in the ratio 1:2 and use the scrub to remove make up as well as moisturize skin.
- Washing your face daily (twice in a week) with fresh coconut water can also help prevent black head, acne, and blemish.
- If you have a dry and dull skin, a gentle dab of coconut water every night can rehydrate your skin instantly.
- Drinking it cure dehydration, thereby keeping your skin soft and supple.
- Massaging hair with coconut water can say bye to unruly, rough and frizzy hair (why not add coconut water to your hair regimen).
- It comes with anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties which prevents itchy scalp, dandruff and other infections that hinder hair growth.
Thanks for reading, I hope it helps you, please don’t forget to like, share and subscribe. I would like to hear from you too.